Benefits of Dental Implants
Do you suffer from one or more missing teeth? Tired of hiding your smile? At our Leland dental practice, we are proud to offer dental implant treatment for our patients that are interested in restoring the appearance and function of their smile, permanently. No longer do patients have to worry about their denture coming loose, or applying an adhesive to keep their teeth in. With our Leland dental implants, you can wake up each day with a beautiful, functional smile!
Here are just a few of the many benefits dental implants offer:
- Improved appearance. Have you ever noticed someone who looks like they are wearing Halloween teeth? This was probably due to their denture being improperly fit and fabricated. With our dental implants your smile will look, feel and function just like a natural smile and due to the fact they are surgically attached to the jawbone, they are permanent.
- Improved speech. Patients that opt for dentures or bridges often report issues with their speech. This can be because the dental appliance slips in the mouth, resulting in mumbling and even slurring. Because our dental implants are surgically attached, there is no reason to be concerned about slipping or speech complications.
- Improved comfort. Denture wearers often complain of the discomfort and pain associated with their dental appliance, due to the fact the implants are bonded to the jaw however they become a part of you, reducing any discomfort or pain.
- No dietary restrictions/complications. Patients who select dentures or bridges often have to restrict their diet as certain foods can result in the dental appliance becoming lose or even result in the patient experience pain. With dental implants, you can eat anything you want without worrying about your dental appliance coming loose!
- Improved oral health. Certain treatment options require enamel and tooth structure to be removed from other teeth in order to secure the dental appliance, with dental implants this is not necessary, and no other dental structures will be affected.
- Increased durability. Dental implants are designed to be very strong and secure; with proper care, most patients’ dental implants will last their entire lifetime.
- More convenient. Dental implants are the only treatment option that is completely secure and has no risk of the dental appliance/treatment coming loose. They also require no messy gels or adhesives; you simply wake up each day ready to smile!