Why Teeth Cleanings Are Important
When is the last time you had a professional teeth cleaning? If your answer is longer than a year, it may be time to contact our Leland dental office. Did you know that professional dental cleanings aren’t just meant to keep your smile pretty? They can also have a big impact on your oral and general health. Recent research has started showing a link between oral health and certain general health conditions such as bone loss, heart disease, diabetes and even strokes!
Although proper at-home dental care is an essential part of achieving optimal oral health, most patients still miss certain areas. During a routine teeth cleaning, trained professionals with specialized tools can reach these areas, removing plaque and tartar buildup. Wondering why teeth cleanings are so important? Here are seven reasons why you should be scheduling routine dental care.
- During your cleaning, your dental hygienist will be able to remove most stains and discoloration, leaving you with a whiter, brighter smile.
- During your dental cleaning, your dentist can notice any signs of failing dental work, decay or even tooth damage.
- Patient’s that neglect professional dental cleanings have a higher risk for gum disease (the leading cause of tooth loss).
- Routine cleanings and examinations allow your dentist to examine for any signs of oral cancer.
- Research has shown that gum disease can increase your risk for cardiovascular disease. Routine dental cleanings reduce your chance of gum disease, also reducing your risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Most dental insurance plans cover routine cleanings, allowing you to save time and money by avoiding more costly treatments due to decay and damage.
- If any signs of decay or damage are noticed during your appointment, arrangements can be made to treat the issues and prevent further complications.
Think it might be time for a professional dental cleaning? Contact Complete Dental Leland today! We’d be happy to schedule an appointment and look forward to helping you achieve a healthy, bright smile.